Bournemouth University is at the heart of the largest non-industrial conurbation in Europe. It is in a wonderful location sandwiched between the UK’s newest National Park, best beaches and largest natural harbour. It is home to a major financial services sector (JP Morgan Chase, Nationwide Building Society and Liverpool Victoria among others) as well as having the largest concentration of language schools outside London and many national headquarters including the Royal National Lifeboat Institution and Sunseeker International.
- Bournemouth is a lively, modern and cosmopolitan town with a large student community that gives you a wide range of options when it comes to socialising with your friends. Whether that be taking advantage of our seaside location to learn to surf, windsurf or simply lie in the sun during breaks in your studies or visiting one of our many clubs and bars in Bournemouth town centre.
- Our location is not just beautiful, but shapes our research and courses.
- Our two campuses, in Poole and Bournemouth, are served by dedicated bus services.
- We also run courses at other locations in Bournemouth and Poole, as well as in Portsmouth, Yeovil, Salisbury and Weymouth.
- Bournemouth is just two hours from London by train and has excellent transport links, including an airport.
We’re the first British university to be commended for the quality of student learning opportunities by the QAA – just one example of how we enhance the student experience.