We delight in creating, sharing and applying knowledge to make a difference to individuals and society.
The University of Portsmouth will deliver transformational education, research and innovation by:
- recognising and sustaining our strengths in undergraduate education and growing our provision in the areas of postgraduate, part-time, CPD and flexible modes of study
- building on our financial strength and increasing the contribution to income that comes from research and commercial activities
- ensuring every student takes part in career enhancing activities, such as placements, exchanges, enterprise, volunteering or work-based learning
- establishing nationally and internationally recognised cross-discipline thematic areas that address key issues facing society
- creating a network of strategic global partnerships to support internationalisation
- raising expectations and creating ladders of opportunity for people in our region to take part in higher education
- supporting and developing our people to deliver excellence with commitment and passion
- developing a flexible physical and digital environment that promotes enjoyment and engagement within a community of learning and discovery
- being a proud part of Portsmouth and our region, working in partnership to support and influence the economic, educational, social and cultural life of the city
A new University Strategy is currently being developed following our consultation with students, staff and governors, through the Shaping our Future conversation and will be available shortly.