USF AT A GLANCE
- Founded: 1956
- Undergraduates: 37,027
- Graduate Students: 10,810
- Total number of students who received financial aid in 2016-17: 38,638
- Average financial aid awarded: $10,774
- Accreditation: Regionally Accredited, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
- Student-faculty ratio: 21:1
- Average class size: 33 students
- Faculty & Staff: 15,378
- Diversity: 41% of students are African American, Black, Asian American, Hispanic, Native American or multiracial.
- Countries Represented: 128 and 10% of the total student population
The University of South Florida is a large, public 4-year university offering undergraduate, graduate, specialist and doctoral level degrees. The USF System includes three, separately accredited institutions: USF; USF St. Petersburg; and USF Sarasota-Manatee. Serving more than 50,000 students, the USF System has an annual budget of $1.7 billion and is ranked 45th in the nation for research expenditures among all universities, public or private.