The University’s main campus was founded in 1913 as a School of Mines while parts of the Institution’s Newport campus date back to the creation of a mechanics institute in 1841. The Institution gained University status in 1992.
The University has five campuses across the South Wales region including new state-of-the-art campuses in Cardiff and Newport city centres. Rail and road links are excellent across all campuses.
ere at the University of South Wales we always put our students first. We offer a friendly and academically challenging environment with an excellent reputation for teaching quality, state-of-the-art study facilities and supportive staff.
With more than 33,584 students from all over the world, flexible study options and teaching excellence in more than a dozen subjects, you can study in areas from drama and music to business, computer science and engineering.
The University of South Wales has over 500 courses available, outstanding graduate employment rates and has invested £160 M into its facilities, so there’s no better time to study at the University of South Wales!
Why study at the University of South Wales
There are lots of reasons why so many EU and international students choose the University of South Wales. Here are just a few:
- February and September starts for BA (Hons) Business top-ups as well as many Masters programmes
- One of the top 10 largest universities in the UK
- The largest university in Wales with over 33,000 students
- The UK’s leading university for support (winner of the Times Higher Education Outstanding Support for Students Award 2012)
- Outstanding teaching quality with 12 excellence awards
- 94.8%* of our graduates are in employment or further study six months after course completion(HEFCWPerformance Indicator 2012/13)
- Scholarships of up to £2,500 per year available to international students
- Students from the European Union may benefit from reduced university fees due to the Welsh Tuition Fee Grant, a number of sports, financial and IT related undergraduate bursaries and scholarships worth up to £1000 as well as a Postgraduate scholarships of up to £1500.
- Courses based on the real world – our links with industry in the UK and overseas mean that our teaching is informed by actual practice. We work closely with employers to help ensure that what you learn meets the demands of the workplace, and regularly update modules to reflect real-life trends
- Low-cost of living (Push.co.uk Cost of Living Survey)